- Pictures! You can now add pictures to your journal. We require you to host your pictures elsewhere but all you need to do is enter in the url to your pictures.
- Full Screen View - You'll notice a new Full Screen button on the map, click this to be taken to the full screen page.
- Publishing Journals - Now when you create a new journal it is not automatically available to the world. You decide when to make your journal public by clicking the "Publish" button in the Journal Editor.
- Map Types - Google Maps supports Satellite maps, Street maps and Hybrid maps. Whatever map type you are using when you click "Save Journal" will be saved with your journal entry your journal will be displayed using the new map type from then on.
- GPX file upload/download - We will soon support uploading of GPX files you create with your GPS unit. This means no more clicking on the map to create waypoints! We will also offer a GPX file download for all journals.
- KML file upload/download - KML files are used to import into Google Earth. We hope to offer this capability soon.
- Geocoding - many of you have probably noticed that there is no way to search for an address on our site. Well Google finally came around an is offering this functionality in their API so we will be adding it to the site soon.
- Bug Fixes - We know they're out there. We're trying.
Thats all for now, Happy Mapping!