Tuesday, April 10, 2007

MyOutdoors.net is up for sale

As a few people have noticed, MyOutdoors.net hasn't seen a lot of attention in the past few months. I'm guessing that this happens with projects of passion fairly often. The unfortunate (or fortunate...) circumstance is that my brother and I have both become involved in other projects (Sharendipity and FlyingCart). We just don't have the time to market the site anymore, so we've decided to put it up for sale.

We've posted two entries, one on BizBuySell and another on Web2.0ForSale.com. You can see them here:

BizBuySell: http://www.bizbuysell.com/cgi-bin/addetail?J=bbs&nosearch=1&tab=su&q=295025

Web2.0forsale.com: http://web2.0forsale.com/item/4818281-Complete-Web-20-Outdoor-Community-Site-MyOutdoorsnet?mpurl=forsale

We apologize to those select few who have continued to remain loyal to the site and have been using it on a regular basis. We managed to complete the site, we just haven't had the time to build the community that we envisioned when we first started on it. I hope that your needs will continue to be met in the future.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Acquireo.com may be a better place that you should check out to sell your website.

Rik van der Helm said...

I visitied myoutdoors.net beginning of 2007. I really liked it a lot. It's a pity there didn't start a real community around your initiative.I am active in hiking communities in the Netherlands and in the openstreetmap initiative. I am looking for ways to combine those two activities. Looking for hikers who like to build a community around hiking and (open source) mapmaking. Main goal: having fun. It would be great if we could use a gmap tool like you developed for this.

Well anyway your new projects look promising also. Have a nice time there also !

Gr, Rik

Anonymous said...

try BizAg.com for businesses for sale.

Rusty Coan said...

I spoke with you guys a few years ago about this domain, but honestly the price was well above anything we were willing to spend. Has the price come down any? Although we are somewhat interested in the App, we're more interested in the domain. I know at the time I inquired you were not willing to split them up. Any chance?